Saturday 8 November 2014

Just drinks?





Dress: ASOS (similar here and here)


I sometimes find it hard to decide what to wear for "just drinks", but when I found this dress in the sample sale at work I knew I had to have it (I even bought the same in green) as it creates the perfect outfit for when you're going out, but not "out out"!  Because the dress is such a standout piece, I chose to style it down a touch with smaller, more causal heeled sandals. I also pinned the V neck slightly at the bottom so I felt more comfortable in it. Here, I've kept the make-up natural and gone for MAC's "half and half" lip colour as not to overpower the look, however if I was to wear this dress "out out" I would go full on with a red lip and lots of eyeliner!


What do you wear for "just drinks"?








16 comments:

  1. You look soooo pretty :) hope you had a nice time xox

    www.hannahjanewilliams.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the colour combination :D looks very effective :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty dress and the colour really suits you

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and sultry but not too revealing (good idea on the pin) - perfect for just drinks :)

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to be invited to "just drinks", but I'd imagine I'd wear something like you are wearing! Lovely dress! ;)

    theoslogirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that clutch! I find black jeans and a sparkly top or nice blouse with heels are great for just drinks as if you do end up going out to a club or staying out longer you still look dressed for the occasion :)

    Rhea
    thegridldn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great dress for just drinks. I love dresses than can be styled up or down depending on the occasion!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the clutch (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous dress, you look lovely :)

    Check out my Christmas giveaway | http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving the hem on this dress <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the dresss!

    //ROSALINDIS http://rosalindis.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously love this dress, and you styled it perfectly! My go-to outfit for 'just drinks' is usually a simple black or white figure-hugging dress. Simple and classy, easy to dress up or down! x

    I'm a newbie blogger and I'm hoping to make some like-minded blogger friends, if you're interested! :3

    chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au

    xx Chontelle Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to know if you've enjoyed reading my blog! Leave a link and I'll check out your blog too xxx